I am the scope project manager for virtual NEU Inc. Our project team is intend to make a scope management plan for company to improve brand awareness by developing a series of bicycles called “The Brighton Family”. The Brighton Family is a combination of the City, Commuter, electric juicy bikes and Comfort bikes.This project is to highlight our brand and new bike series. We are expected to make a promotional event to put together to show the community and its surrounding neighbors the importance of healthy living and how our bikes will assist in bettering their lifestyle.
2. Project Purpose/Justification
2.1. Project Objectives and Success Criteria
The project objective is to promote NEU Inc. `s new product line by hosting a promotional event that enhances our company’s brand and attracts more customers.
The success criteria are listed below:
- Meet project deadline of 6-month time frame.
- Complete project within $50,000 budget.
- Satisfy key stakeholders, sponsor, and constituents
- Achieve promotional event attendance estimate
- Project sponsor and key stakeholders must approve the project and sign the contract before project initiation.
- Project sponsor and key stakeholders must formally communicate and document any change requests with the project manager.
- The project sponsor and key stakeholders must support and contribute to the project throughout the period of performance.
- The project manager and project team must follow ground rules during the project.
- The project manager and project team must be responsible for their tasks.
- All project deliverables must be completed prior to stakeholder and sponsor contract sign off.
The following constraints pertain to the Brighton Family Bicycles project:
- Results: The products and effect of our promotional event project. For example, the new bicycle must cost no more than $800 per item to manufacture.
- Time frames: Our promotional events must occur on August 20th, 2016 with a reschedule date of August 27th, 2016. And the project must be completed no later than 6 months.
- Resources: Our project must be completed with at least 10 vendors. Our promotional events must have at least 4 police details to maintain safety.
- Activity performance: We must have someone to do work in the development department, so that we could understand how to introduce our products on the promotional events.
- Budget: Our project budget must within $50,000.
The following are a list of assumptions. Upon agreement and signature of this document, all parties acknowledge that these assumptions are true and correct:
- The project has the full support of the project sponsor, stakeholders, and all departments.
- The purpose of this project will be communicated throughout the company prior to deployment.
- The project must have a back plan for risk management.
- The project team must support ground rules, communication plan, and responsibilities matrix to clarify all team member responsibilities and keep the project on track to be successful.
- Site work limited to Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
- All of the phases should be approved by CEO and project manager.
- The website should not be used for irrelevant information not pertaining to the marketing of the event.
- All of the vendors and suppliers should be inspected by quality checkpoint.
- Lessons learned reports should be done before project completed.
3.Summary Milestones Schedule
4. Summary Budget
5. Stakeholder Register
Brief Introduction of stakeholder register in promotional event of The Brighton Family.
6.Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
A part of WBS made from MsProject
7. Traceability Matrix
Traceability Matrix is used to link each individual requirement collected in the requirements collection process to one or more WBS components. We use it to ensure that resources are spent only on tasks that can be linked to at least one solution requirement, and that no tasks are unnecessary redundant.
- 8. Solution Requirements
We use requirements collection tools, such as interviews, bench-marking, facilitated workshops, group creativity and observation, to collect project requirements. Then we identified the priority of project requirements and made a Project Requirement Documentation.
Part of the Project Requirement Documentation.
Scope Statement Approval Form
Project Name: The Brighton Family Bicycles (Product & Brand Awareness Event)
Project Manager: Steven Hart
The purpose of this document is to provide a vehicle for documenting the initial planning efforts for the project. It is used to reach a satisfactory level of mutual agreement between the project manager and the project sponsors on the objectives and scope of the project before significant resources are committed and expenses incurred.
I have reviewed the information contained in this Scope Statement and agree to all of the information above.
The signatures below relay an understanding in the purpose and content of this document by those signing it.
By signing this document below, you agree to this as the formal Project Scope Statement.