I was the quality project manager to help Dell Children’s Medical Center to receive platinum LEED certification. Dell Children’s Medical Center is going to be the first healthcare facility in the world to achieve a LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) Platinum Certification by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). Our project team is aim to control the quality of renovating facilities and construction for medical center to help Dell Children’s Center achieve its goal.
2. Quality Goals
Five Platinum LEED standards:
(1) Sustainable Site: avoid and prevent the development of the inappropriate area to
reduce the environmental impact.
(2) Water Efficiency and water conservation: reduce of waste-water and potable water
demand, and increase the local aquifer recharge.
(3) Energy Efficiency and Energy Construction: ensure levels of energy performance |
above standards to reduce environmental and company economic impacts
(4) Indoor Environment Quality and Lighting: light pollution reduction
(5) Conservation of materials and resources: low-emitting material
3. Specifications, Metrics, Quality Activities
One of the deliverable analysis:
- 4. Quality Assurance &Quality Control
One of the quality assurances& quality controls for deliverable.
- 5. Quality Task in Project Plan
6. Quality Assurance Methodology
Simulation is used to analyze results of potential risks. The first column of the Pareto Diagram represents the biggest problem for a deliverable of Platinum LEED Certification project. Later, we find the solution from biggest problem to less bigger problem.
Ishikawa Diagram/Fishbone Diagram to help identify what might be causing the problem, then come up with an action plan to correct the situation.